Staying at the Sanctuary's RV sites
We're open! Our staff is working hard to keep you safe. For more on what you can expect when you visit, see COVID-19: Keeping you safe
Traveling by RV? Best Friends has six fully equipped seasonal recreational vehicle sites for rent at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Nestled among the junipers in Angel Canyon, our RV sites offer breathtaking views of the beautiful red cliffs and are within walking distance of the Best Friends Welcome Center.
- 30/50-amp electricity, water, septic tank and 35-foot concrete platforms (Note: No water hook-up from November 1 - March 15)
- Unobstructed sight lines for your TV satellite dish
- Picnic table, trash and recycle bins, pet waste pickup bags, free WiFi (open network)
- You can pull in or back into sites (pull-through sites not available)
- Utilities on right side if you pull in, or on driver's side if you back in
Rates and reservation details
- Check-in after 1 p.m.
- Checkout no later than 1 p.m.
- Rates are $61 per night (March 15 through October 31). Best Friends members receive a discount. Not a member? Become one.)
- $41 per night, March 15 through October 31 (Member price)
- $51 per night, November 1 - March 14 (Non-member price)
- $31 per night, November 1 - March 14 (Member price)
- Each stay is limited to 14 consecutive nights or total of 28 nights within a 60-day period.
- There are no restroom or shower facilities at our RV sites. Your RV must be self-contained in order to book your stay.
- Outdoor fires are not permitted anywhere on Sanctuary grounds.
- Tent camping is not permitted.
- Your pets may remain unattended in your RV if they are well behaved, but please check on them regularly. Please keep your pets leashed when outdoors.
- A vegan lunch buffet is served seven days a week at the Angel Village café from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. daily. The cost is $5 per person.
- Water hook-up is disabled from November 1 - March 15.
For more information, please visit Best Friends lodging FAQs.
RVs longer than 21 feet will have difficulty maneuvering on some of the Sanctuary roads and in parking areas. If your RV is longer than 21 feet, you'll need a car to get around the Sanctuary.
Transportation is not provided at the Sanctuary, so you'll need your own vehicle to get around. The Sanctuary is spread across 4,200 acres and many of the animal areas are miles apart. Walking is not a viable option and bicycles are not allowed on most roads. You'll also need a vehicle if you want to travel to and from the town of Kanab. Persons volunteering in Dogtown must have access to a vehicle during all shifts.